Monday, May 26, 2014

Superhero Man Crush Monday: (5/26/14)

Happy Memorial Day everyone! Let's crush on some dudes.

Man Crush: Tom Hardy

Tom Hardy first caught my attention in Chris Nolan's Inception, but it was not until I watched Warrior in 2011 that I thought this guy is a star. Hardy played the role of Tommy Conlon. He was able to showcase his acting prowess as well as show off his physicality. I mean the dude has the biggest traps I have ever seen. So when Chris Nolan announced that Hardy would portray Bane in the final Dark Knight film, I was over the moon. Hardy brought a menacing presence to the villain and with most of his face covered by a mask his eyes spoke volumes. Not to mention he spoke in perhaps a voice that is even more fun to imitate than Bale's Batman growl. But above all that Hardy is my man crush because of his fight with Batman in the sewer. Every line that comes from his Bane while he beats the Dark Knight into submission is quotable and just plain awesome. Thanks Tom. Once this MCM is posted, you have my permission to call me.

"Ah, yes, I was wondering what would break first. Your spirit, or  your body!"

-Christian

Character Crush: Colossus

Colossus is the metal morphing and super strong member of the X-Men. First introduced in 1975 he has become a staple in the X-men franchise ever since. Colossus has been my favorite X Man since they introduced him into the movies in X2. That was the first time when he finally got to show off his powers. When he is in his metal form Colossus doesn't need sleep, food, water, and his body has resistance to any metal on the planet except Vibranium. He is a soft spoken, gentle, and caring individual he has a had a long lasting relationship with Kitty Pryde but with Doop stepping in it doesn't look good for Peter. Colossus is a great X-Man, while he doesn't get the publicity like others do he is a great character and often keeps the other more impulsive members in their place. He is the strong moral center that every team needs.

"I don't give my word unless I mean to keep it." 
-Adam

2 comments:

  1. THIS BOMB IS MOBILE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My ex-wife blew her boss in our martial bed while I was seeing TDKR. Was still totally worth it.

    ReplyDelete

Comments