Friday, November 7, 2014

Rumor: Jared Leto May Play The Joker In "Suicide Squad"

Multiple outlets have reported that Oscar winner Jared Leto (Dallas Buyers Club) is eyeing the role of the Clown Prince of Crime, The Joker, in DC/WB's upcoming Suicide Squad film. The word on the street is that WB wanted Ryan Gosling (Drive) for the role, but he was unwilling to sign a deal that spanned multiple films. Now it seems Leto is their man. Yesterday he was interviewed by the Hollywood Reporter in which he said "I do [have my eye on one project.] I am excited about what's happening. There are incredible opportunities and I'm very grateful for them. I'm looking forward to making films again now that the tour is wrapping up. It's going to be an exciting 2015." When asked for further details on the project Leto responded "I've sworn to keep my mouth shut but I think that very shortly there will be something to talk about, that's for sure." The trade went on to confirm that the "exciting project" is Suicide Squad. So throw Leto into the mix of actors rumored for David Ayer's film alongside Will Smith, Margot Robbie, Tom Hardy, and Jesse Eisenberg reprising his Lex Luthor. Talk about an all star cast. Suicide Squad is hitting theaters August 5th, 2016.

             ComicBookMovie


HOLY SHIT!! This is exciting news. I enjoy Leto's work and I believe he could definitely provide a fun new take on the iconic character. His Joker  should be more fun-loving (If you count mass murder as a fun nighttime activity) than Heath's. More Mark Hamill Joker if you will.

David Ayer reportedly has recently written in The Joker into his version of the script. So I hope Mr. J's role is antagonistic to the Squad rather than being a member. His inclusion in the film also allows for an easy avenue to introduce Harley Quinn and their amazing Joker-Harley interactions. Maybe Ayer will take inspiration from Batman: Assault on Arkham. Cause I would love this see this scene in live action.

Jesse Eisenberg is reportedly reprising his role of Lex Luthor in the flick (Which I wrote a piece about which can be read by clicking here). That means we could have a Joker and Lex World Finest-style team up! Now that is fucking sexy. I would be just as excited to see that as I will be to see Batman and Superman team up earlier that year. DC duos for days.

Lastly if Jared does play Joker that means Batman once killed The Joker. Let's look at the tape!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so excited for this movie. 2016 is gonna b nuts. Batman V Superman, Doctor Strange, Civil War, Deadpool, XMen Apocalypse, and now Joker is rumored to be in Suicide Squad. THAT IS NUTS!

    ReplyDelete

Comments