Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Ant-Man Trailer Has Finally Been Released!

Paul Rudd stars in a movie that I didn't direct alongside Michael Douglas as a character I didn't cast in Marvel Studios' Ant-Man. Last year everyone claimed that Marvel was taking a major risk with Guardians of the Galaxy (look at how that worked out!), so the risk with Ant-Man looks like slightly less at this point. Disagreements with the studio caused Edgar Wright (Hot Fuzz) to leave that director chair and rumors that there is something wrong with this movie to spread. Now people love Paul Rudd (myself included) so I don't think this movie will totally bomb. I'm just saying from this trailer, Ant-Man looks a lot like another Thor: The Dark World and not a GOTG. That's not a good thing if Marvel wants to launch another character to join their Avenger's roster. 
          In the end though there is no stopping Marvel these days. They are on a roll after an amazing 2014. So with the Marvel logo in the front the credits, Ant-Man should be just fine. Plus I fucking love Corey Stoll (House of Cards). He will be a great adversary for Paul Rudd.  Ant-Man comes out July 2015.


1 comment:

Comments