Friday, January 23, 2015

Casting News/Rumors Galore!

Take a moment to get away from your 24 hr. Deflategate coverage to check out all the castings + rumors that happened yesterday in the comic movie/TV realm. Seriously was yesterday was like Christmas for comic junkies. So let's take a look at what went down in no particular order.

1. CBS casts Melissa Benoist (Whiplash) as Supergirl
Source: ComicBookMovie



Like/Love/Hate/Don't Care: Last time I had doubts about a Glee actor becoming a superhero, Grant Gustin made me look like a fool. The guy is a fantastic Flash. So with the same casting company from Arrow and Flash, David Rappaport, and people behind the scenes such as Greg Bertani from those shows onboard, I have confidence in Melissa Benoist being an awesome version of Kara Zor-El. I liked Melissa in Whiplash and I like this casting.


2. Rumor: Gary Sinise (CSI:NY) will play Gen. Eiling in Suicide Squad
Source: ComicBookMovie


Like/Love/Hate/Don't Care: Gary Sinise would be a solid grab for WB/DC, but I don't think the role of Gen. Wade Eiling merits much hype. He will probably serve a similar purpose to what Christopher Meloni's General did in Man Of Steel which will amount to minimal screen time. So I like Sinise yet don't really give a shit whether or not he ends up being Eiling.


3. Jon Bernthal (Fury) or Joel Edgerton (Warrior) for Rick Flagg?
Source: CimenaBlend


Who You Taking?: Shane "Worst Best Friend Ever" Walsh is getting the nod here. Personally I'm not a huge fan of Edgerton, he really sucked in Exodus: Gods Among Us. So if it comes down to these two, I would rather see the superior actor, Bernthal, lead the Suicide Squad as Rick Flagg Jr.


4. Rumor: Joe Manganiello (True Blood) will be Deathstroke


Like/Love/Hate/Don't Care: Love isn't a strong enough word for how I feel about this rumor. I'm a HUGE Joe Manganiello fan. The guy loves comics and has one of the best beards in the business, nuff said. So if Joe steps into the greatest assassin in the DC universe's shoes, it would be a dream come true.


5. Karl Urban (Dredd) Wanted For a Role in Aquaman


Who Should He Play?: First off, Karl Urban is a beast. That is a fact. Anyone who has seen Dredd will concur with this. So who better to step into the shoes' of Aquaman dickhead half brother/ nemesis Ocean Master? He could be plotting in secret in the first solo film. Then unleash chaos for Arthur in the sequel.


6. Chiwetel Ejiofor (12 Years A Slave) Eyed For a Role in Doctor Strange


Who Should He Play?: Chiwetel would have made an excellent Black Panther, but Marvel decided to go with Chadwick Boseman instead. With a chance to still be in the MCU, I see him potentially being the Ancient One. The mentor to Doctor Strange.

7. Younger Jean Grey, Cyclops, And Storm Casted For X-Men: Apocalypse
Source: ComicBookMovie


Like/Love/Hate/Don't Care: I mean I do like Sophie Turner as Sansa Stark on Game of Thrones, but the best actors of this franchise are already place, so I'm saying I don't care. Cyclops, Storm, and Jean are all great characters, but Singer has never given them their due and I don't see it happening for their younger counterparts either.

Bonus: Who Should Direct Aquaman? Nichols (MUD) or Murro (300: Rise Of An Empire)? No question, Nichols. He is an original film maker and not a Zack Snyder ripoff like Murro. I want different styles of filmmaking across the DCU, especially for displaying Atlantis.

Thanks for reading and make sure to follow us on twitter @Caped_Informers or follow me @cstrand73 for all your comic related news.

1 comment:

Comments