Thursday, April 23, 2015

Arrow "The Fallen" Thoughts and Review!

Things in Ollies world come crashing down when we find Thea in the hospital, we take another fun trip to Nanda Parbat, and learn even more about the mystic waters there within.




Episode Description:
Ra's al Ghul finally makes Oliver an offer he can't refuse. The team joins Oliver on his journey to Nanda Parbat where a heartbroken Felicity decides to take matters into her own hands.


"Who let that chick piss in my Laz Pit"-Jason Todd



High Points:
  • Although it was a total steal from the Batman story line, I enjoyed the fact that the Lazerus Pits have been heard to have the same effects in the DC TV series as they do in the animated/comic world.
  • It was good to see Oliver show some emotion finally on this show. He's been so stone walled, emotionless for too long and it's nice to know he's still human inside
  • When Team Arrow arrives in Nanda Parbat, they are met by what looks like the entire league and it looked awesome. Almost like something out of Lord of the Rings on a much smaller scale
  • Big Daddy Dig coming in strong calling out not just Maseo, but the whole league calling them cowards, and a bunch of pansies running away all the time. Dig doing big things each week
  • The resurrection scene was pretty awesome. The anticipation was definitely felt because I could feel it. Only little down side I will post in "Low Points"
  • The sex scene happened, couple episodes late but over and done with
  • I think Arrow heard my claims of the flash back scenes being lackluster all season, they were much better tonight, and a lot more fun to watch
  • Team Arrow ft Maseo fight was a pretty awesome fight scene, including Ollie recognizing himself as the air to the Demon's Head commanding the league
  • How awesome did Ollie look in the League uni tonight at the end of the episode? Looked like the first time Jerome Iginla put on a Boston Bruins jersey for a year.

Watching the Olicity sex scene like....


Low Points:
  • The entire episode was one giant Olicity show. I really hope they did that so we have no more moments between them. It's quite honestly the worst part of this show.
  • Speaking of Felicity, what the hell in her mind tells her its ok to drug a guy after sex or tell the Demons Head he's out of his mind? If you ask me thats probably two of the biggest no no's I can think of
  • Very slow episode all together. I understand it was focused around the Lazerus Pits and Nanda Parbat, I just feel they could have put this in another episode, and now by itself. 
  • The Lazerus Pit scene was extremely short, and Thea turning demon/confused teenager was quite strange. 

I can only imagine Maseo felt like this after letting Team Arrow escaped.


Verdict: Tonight's episode as we all knew going in was going to be all about Nanda Parbot and the Lazerus Pits. Here's what I thought they did wrong about with this episode. They built so much hype around a matter of two minutes. I thought it was much too short, and not exactly what you wanted to see after all the hype. Also, I would have liked to have scene some more detail on Thea's part in the pits.Its like one moment she's in and in a blink of an eye shes in a bed resting completely fine. Hopefully the side effects of the pits show up in remaining episodes and she starts losing it. Could be a very cool aspect to the story line. Another point I want to touch on is the Olicity moment that everyone has been waiting for finally happened tonight. Now I don't hate it, I thought it was much overdue and needed. I just hope that now that its off the chest of the writers, they can focus on what made this show so great in the first place. Briefly commenting on the flash backs this week, I thought they were much better and I'm anxious to see what happens now that the alpha-omega bioweapon has been released into the streets. Now we come to the point everyone will be talking about. Oliver Queen aka Al Sah-Him aka air to the Demon. I have to say, I'm ok with this decision and what direction Oliver's story will go in. I thought he looked awesome in the League uniform, and I think this means we will see him in full fledge action mode these next few eps. Only question is where does this leave Team Arrow. From the short promo of next week's episode and an educated guess, I can only assume there will be some sort of show down that will eventually bring Ollie back to Staring. Another thing to think about in these last few weeks of Arrow, is Ollie just "playing" the role until he can find a way back out of the league? It's something to think about because once Ras is gone and/or killed (if this should happen) Ollie is in control of his own destiny. It's a long shot but should be fun to watch as things unfold in the final weeks. 
All in all I give tonights episode a solid 7.0 out of 10!


Thanks for reading! What do you guys think is next for team arrow? Will there be a show down between them and the league? Will Oliver eventually make his way back to Starling City, or will he be consumed by the league? Let us know what you guys think by commenting below or sending us a tweet @Caped_Informers or @O_doyleRULES11.
Tune in next week for "Al Sah-Him"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments